Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We are Home!

Esther and I came home late yesterday!

Her final blood tests all came back great - best CO2 reading yet!

We  took a while to pack up, and had to get all her meds, and get a feeding pump before we could leave, so we didn't get into the car until almost 3 pm.

Getting her all settled into her car seat, her feeding started and hanging from the clothing hook above the door, and everything packed in the car took nearly 30 minutes.

Once we got on the road, things went smoothly, just having to stop in Mt Vernon to flush her feeding tube and get her more comfortably in the car seat.

We picked up pizza on the way home, and had a quiet evening at home - but it took me a while to get things together with her feeding schedule, medications, pumping, and setting up for the night.

This is going to take a while to work out how to do things with her schedule - it took me nearly 2 hours to get up, feed Esther, pump, get dressed, eat breakfast and prep her feeds for her through 3 pm.

We leave in about a half an hour as Esther has a doctor's appointment and I need get supplies for her feeding tube/pump system, drop off FedEx shipments, and possible go look at breast pumps so I select one to purchase as renting the pump I'm renting now costs $20 a week!

I'll try to put up some pics tomorrow, but I think I'll be too busy today to blog anything further!

Thanks for praying for and supporting us during this difficult time!  Please pray that I will be able to stay consistent with her medications, find time for all my kids, and keep up my milk supply!  This will be a challenge - possibly even more difficult than being in the hospital with her, as the nurses kept the schedule and brought everything to me!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome news!!!!! How wonderful for your family to finally be together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you finally are home. I hope all goes well and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. What a blessing for all of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you and your family. I pray that Esther continues to improve and grow.

    God bless,
    Heather
    Cloth Diaper Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising the Lord with you! Let us know if you need any help at the house or with the business.

    Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! I am so happy to read this update!

    ReplyDelete